Metal Gear Solid, the game which introduced the mainstream gaming world into stealth action. Metal Gear Solid has topped charts ever since the first installment in the series back in the 20th century and people still play games from the series without taking the graphics aspects into consideration.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance, the direct sequetl to the Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation) , released for PC back in 2003. However Konami was least bothered about optimizing the game for windows as it was a direct port from the PlayStation 2, and people still face problems when trying to play the game.
1. Black Screen at startup and cant get past it.
2. Broken graphics in Nvidia/ AMD graphics card
A proper fix for this game is hard to find online, it took me hours to find a proper easy fix for this game, so i thought id help the hardcore metal gear solid fans to play this game without wasting their time searching for a fix online.
- Download the "mgs2_theinforoom_fix" Bundle from this link.
- Extract the "mgs2_theinforoom_fix" bundle.
- Update the game to V2.0 , using the Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance Patch v2_0.rar
- Install the graphics card fixes from the "GRAPHICS_CARD FIXES.rar"
- Lastly copy the files from "Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance 2.0_CRACK.rar" to <gamepath>/bin
- Navigate to <gamepath>\bin and launch MGS2SConfig.exe
- Under Drawing, find Model Quality then set it to the second value.